Thank you to our 2022 NYCC Program Sponsors
The NYCC Conducting Apprentice Program is made possible through the generous support of the Sir Ernest MacMillan Memorial Foundation. The Foundation provides significant career development opportunities to young Canadian musicians and music scholars in their advanced education, and in so doing commemorates a great Canadian and his unique career.
2022 NYCC Program Partners
The NYCC Conducting Apprenticeship includes a partnership to work with Pro Coro Canada in a season subscription program under the mentorship of the ensemble’s conductor Michael Zaugg. The apprentice is hosted by Pro Coro Canada for an 8-10 day period in Edmonton, Alberta and will work with the professional choir in preparation to conduct a selection in a concert. The apprentice will also meet with choral leaders in Edmonton, observe a variety of other choral ensembles, and create professional connections.
Provincial Donors for NYCC 2022
– BC Choral Federation (BCCF)
– Choir Alberta
– Dr. Debra Cairns Legacy Scholarship Fund made possible by i coristi Chamber Choir
– Saskatchewan Choral Federation with support from James Hawn, Joshua Hendricksen, Kelsey Kuz, Jennifer Lang, Daryl McKinnon, Stewart Wilkinson
– Manitoba Choral Association (Manitoba Sings!)
– Choirs Ontario
Alliance chorale du Québec
– New Brunswick Choral Federation with support from Robert Taylor, Carolyn Nielsen, Spencer Belyea, Anne O’Connor, Carole Peacock
– Nova Scotia Choral Federation with support from the Halifax Camerata Singers, Nova Voce Men’s Choir, and Halifax Gay Men’s Chorus
2022 NYCC Bursary Program
Choral Canada was able to offer five $500 bursaries to singers with financial need, thanks to the generous support of The Sir Ernest MacMillan Memorial Foundation and an anonymous donor.